generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, May 18, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

It happens even to the best readers from time to time… you close the cover on the book you’re reading and discover, to your horror, that there’s nothing else to read. Either there’s nothing in the house, or nothing you’re in the mood for. Just, nothing that “clicks.” What do you do?? How do you get the reading wheels turning again?

This usually happens to me after I've finished a book that was so good I simply couldn't put it down. The characters or the plot or something significant about the book stay with me making it tough to find something else to read immediately. And I'm one of those readers who no sooner finishes one book before she's got the next book in her hand, bookmarker in place, and ready to go.

What I do when this happens after I've read a particularly good novel is immediately reach for something off the non-fiction pile. That seems to get me through the slump of not knowing exactly what I want to read next because I'm still hanging on to past characters. Or I reach for one of the cozy mysteries. They usually are not very long and are a great diversion from anything I've previously finished. Cozies are usually fun to read, and there are quite a few authors writing this type of book now so that it's very easy to find something that interests me.

No comments: