generated by sloganizer.net

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The King's Best Books of 2008

Smiley from millan.netEvery year Stephen King publishes his Best Books of the Year List in Entertainment Weekly. Every year I look forward to seeing this list because King chooses what he considers to be the best books he's read in a given year which are not necessarily books published that year. His choices are usually a good mix of old books and new publications; I've read some good leads thanks to King. He's got pretty good taste in reading material, in my opinion.

This year King's choices are:

  1. The Novels Of Robert Goddard

  2. The Garden of Last Days by Andre Dubus

  3. When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson

  4. The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney

  5. Nixonland by Rick Perlstein

  6. Heartsick/Sweetheart by Chelsea Cain

  7. Hollywood Crows by Joseph Wambaugh

  8. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

  9. Old Flames by Jack Ketchum

  10. The Good Guy by Dean Koontz


As it turns out, I've got 4 of these books on my TBR pile, and one more on order, so I know what will be leading off my 2009 Reading List.

I wonder how many books Stephen King reads in a year's time.

No comments: