generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, June 26, 2009

Take Your Shirt Off And Cry by Nancy Balbirer

Take Your Shirt Off and Cry: A Memoir of Near-Fame Experiences Take Your Shirt Off and Cry: A Memoir of Near-Fame Experiences by Nancy Balbirer


My review


Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nancy Balbirer had a rough time trying to make it as an actress both in New York City and Hollywood. That didn't keep her from trying even when she faced disappointment after disappointment. And it didn't stop her from supporting the friends she made along the way as they also tried to realize their dreams. I wondered as I read this if telling the story was in some way cathartic for Balbirer. There were passages which seemed as though they were written with the idea that getting through the reliving would take a weight off once and for all. I've read books similar to this one, but Take Your Shirt Off And Cry does stand out as an original because it's so honest, and I think it's so clear that Balbirer really is too nice to sustain that lifestyle for very long. Thank goodness she kept her mind and her humor intact.


View all my reviews.

No comments: