generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, September 30, 2013

Summer's End by Lisa Morton

Summer's EndSummer's End by Lisa Morton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this as an ebook from Library Thing's Early Reader Program. I had the impression from the description that it was intended to be a Halloween story that would scare me, have me on the edge of my seat, and make me afraid of the dark. It did not do any of those things for me. What it did do was educate me about Druids, a subject about which I know very little. Now that I've read this Novella, the Druids are still not a subject about which I feel I want to know more. That is not to say that what Lisa Norton has written isn't good insofar as her writing goes. I would certainly read something of hers again, but Summer's End just wasn't a compelling enough story for me to want to read a follow up. I am curious about what kind of novel she writes, because I think her skills as a writer are there. It's just the subject matter for me that didn't deliver enough. I do appreciate Early Reader's for allowing me the opportunity to read and review this Novella.

View all my reviews

No comments: